101 Ways To Get More Leads From Your Real Estate Website
Does your website leave you wanting for leads? Here are 101 time tested ways to shake some more leads out of your website each month.
Why did you decide to get a real state website? Was it just for looks? Probably not. You envisioned having a real estate website that captured more leads. Specifically, you wanted (…maybe needed) more listing and buyer leads. Below you will find a list of battle tested ways to get more leads from your website today. Implement them and let me know the results.
…If you don’t have a real estate website yet or maybe you are just using the one your brokerage gave you, this post is still for you. The web is taking over real estate. Be active and change with it. These tips will show you how powerful a website can be in your lead gen arsenal.
Click hereto download the ultimate list of ways to et more leads from your real estate website
I know you want to get leads. But there is no point improving a site’s lead conversion by 10% if we’re only getting 10 visitors a day. These tips will get you more traffic and eyeballs to play with.
1. Post a blog post in Facebook groups about DIY home tips
2. Post a blog post to Facebook groups about your local area
3. Post images from your site on Pinterest. Click here to learn how
4. Contact your favorite vendors and have them link to you on a resources page
5. Contact your favorite vendors and have them write a blog about you
6. Partner with neighborhood associations and get links on their websites
7. Look up popular topics on Topsy.com and then re-write popular articles on your site
8. Add useful videos of neighborhoods on your website using Youtube Capture
9. Upload reviews of local attractions
10. Write and publish post for tourists and visitors
Can’t add blog posts or images to your current site? Posting hyper local stuff is the only way people are getting consistently found online. Click here to get an Easy Agent Pro website designed by me! 🙂
Visitors love to see that others have found and like your website. These tips will help improve the perceived trust of your site.
11. Add a Facebook like box to your website. Easy FB Like Box Plugin will do it for free for those of you with wordpress websites. This adds social trust and improves conversions.
12. Add a Twitter feed to your website. This shows social trust and activity on your website
13. Add a Rich Pin From Pinterest to your website. ***Note: Do one of the above 3. They all help you build social trust and show visitors to your site that “somebody’s home.” But don’t over do it.
14. Add testimonials to your website. Make them easy to read and easy to find.
15. Always have new things to read or see on your website.
16. Ask for comments on blog posts. The more comments you get; the better you’re doing.
17. Give away you’re email address readily. Yes, you might get a few more spam emails. But your visitors hate contact boxes and easy to find emails really improve conversion.
18. Ask for a text. Once again, you have to be ready to accept a few spam instances. But, some visitors will text you from your site if you post your mobile number there. I’ve gotten tons of leads this way. No one is readily doing it yet.
19. Give to get: You want to give away as much value as possible. Blog posts are a great way to give value. Write things like: “The Top 10 Ways To Sell Your Home For More” And people will instantly trust you more.
20. Google your name, business name, and any associates. Does the write address, name, phone number, and image come up? Do this on Google Maps, Mapquest, Apple Maps, and Yellowpages. People will ‘research’ you. Control what they find.
If you don’t know how to add these things to your website, you can hire me to do it. 🙂 Sites include most of these tips and convert leads like crazy.
Establishing social trust is easy with LeadSites’ Brag Wall feature. Learn more here.
How many times has someone run up to you on the street and said: “Oh, Mrs. Realtor! Please sell my house for me!!!” Almost never right? You probably had to do most of the asking right? These tips will help your website ask for the contact info. And get you more leads.
21. Install a Popup plugin: You can use a free website plugin like Sumome to have popups on your website. Exchange free content/advice for an email.
22. Slide-in plugin: you can have a widget slide in from the right side of your screen with Sumome. Install with the popup and you’ll see your number of leads captured soar.
23. Welcome gate: Ask for the visitors email on the first page of your website. This one takes a bit of coding. But you can hop over to Fiverr and have the job done for under $10.
24. Add a lead capture bar at the top of the screen. LeadSites has this functionality built in.
25. Make sure your sidebar has an optin form on it
26. Give away premium content in exchange for an email address. This on is a bit more techy. But you can easily do it with Leadpages. Click here to check it out.
27. Hold a competition where people have to signup for your email address in order to win a prize
28. Partner with local businesses and give away a prize to everyone that submits their name, address, phone to the raffle. Place the signups in all the partnered businesses offices.
29. Ask them to signup to your newsletter at the end of your blog posts
30. Lock down IDX data unless they give you their contact information
Can’t add these cool things to your current site? Click here to get an Easy Agent Pro website designed by me that has these installed! 🙂
Pinterest has the best demographic audience for realtors out there. The average Pinterest user has a combined household income of over 6 figures. They also love images that easily tie into real estate. Such as: DIY Tips, Moving Tips, Efficiency Tips, Neighborhood Facts, ect… Pinterest also drives more traffic to websites than every other social network. This means you get a huge return on your time spent.
31. Pin 2 images for every blog post you write on your site. Link them back to your website.
32. Make a board about a neighborhood or area you want to be the expert in. Add people to that board and make it a group board. Add posts everyday that link back to your website.
33. Make a board about your city and make it a group board. You’ll find group boards get more followers and pins in a hurry.
34. Make a board about moving tips. Find info graphics online. Post them to your website and include a link back to the original source. Add the info graphic to Pinterest and link it back to your website. Under 5 minutes of work. And super useful tool to get more traffic
35. Verify your website with Pinterest. This makes sure your pins show up in searches.
36. Use red pins on Pinterest. They convert a lot higher and get more clicks.
37. Write long descriptions for each pin. Pinterest allows you plenty of space. Use it and you’ll show up in more searches.
38. Use 2-3 useful hashtags at the end of each Pinterest description
39. Join several group boards and add useful pins
40. Make free pins easily with this website: www.canva.com It’s fantastic!
Want a website you can use Pinterest with? Click here and get the Easy Agent Pro real estate website designed by me.
Web leads are different than normal leads. Here’s why…
41. Give to get: The more free and useful content you have on your website the more leads you will get.
42. Web leads need to be called, texted, or emailed ASAP. These people were probably on your website for under 2 minutes. Contact them right away before they forget about your site.
43. Be personal: It’s tempting to outsource blogging and to make blogs like “The Best Real Estate Tips For 2015” boring. Don’t be boring. Tell people your personal story. Engage them.
44. Everything links to the website. If you’ve taken action on Step 3, your website will convert like crazy. That means social media should only be used to get people to your website. Because your website is the best chance you have of getting contact info out of your visitors.
45. Be consistent in what you choose to do. No you don’t have to blog or be on social media daily. But pick a schedule and stick with it. This is the only way to get better and see results.
46. Have your face on every page. Branding and repetition matters. Make sure they know who you are and what you look like.
48. Keep your site updated. It’s a pain, but you should update the design of your site at least every 3 years. That’s how quickly the internet changes. Don’t get left behind.
49. Local and specific win. Your website needs to have articles for buyers and sellers. It needs to have a local IDX search. You should write about local things. People now respond best to articles that feel like they were written just for them.
50. Be responsive within reason: It’s important to contact web leads back quickly. But you should set hours for yourself so you don’t let it run your life. A schedule and rules for responding to inquires is a must.
Need a more personal website that looks more…2015? Get the Easy Agent Pro site I’ve designed just for you today.
Youtube can be a huge factor in your online lead generation. Here are some strategies for making Youtube videos:
51. There is a huge void on the web for local information. That means Google has nothing to show for very specific search results. Youtube videos show up highly on Google in a hurry. What’s that mean? Make a ton of Youtube videos for very specific things in the areas you are trying to sell houses.
52. Don’t want to write a blog? Not a problem! Just make videos and post them to your website. Google loves this, your site visitors love this too!
53. Create digital open houses for maximum exposure
54. Create neighborhood overviews
55. Create reviews of local attractions and the best reasons to live in an area
56. Interview local residences in a neighborhood about the reasons why they love living there
57. Interview school employees about the various school districts
58. Create videos about the over all city and compare/contrasts the different living options
59. Create an agent welcome video that you send to all your clients
60. Create a “what to expect” video that you send to all your new listings
Sure, it’s “Best” to do all the content ourselves. But that’s not always realistic. Here are the best ways to outsource this work:
61. Make a goal. How many blog posts do you want? Where do you want to post on social media? How many videos do you want to make? Before talking to anyone, make a goal for these numbers.
62. iWriter: This is a decent source for ‘blanket’ information. iWriter will usually cost you under $8 per article and they can be of good quality. You will sacrifice a little authenticity. But it’s a good way to get content written. ***I write all my articles on Easy Agent Pro by hand.
63. Interns: If you have a college nearby, you can often find an intern willing to do your social media postings for you. Simply call the college and ask around.
64. Be sure to manage your outsourced work. Show them an Easy Agent Pro step-by-step article or write the their responsibilities. You don’t want to get burnt by not tracking their work.
65. Watch the numbers: After some time, you’ll figure out how many leads you get per article. This will help you quantify how much more to spend on marketing.
66. Canva.com makes great images easy. Hire a high schooler to make custom images for all your website’s pages. Then have them post them to your Pinterest account.
67. Head over to Fiverr.com and order some social media posting work. This is the ‘black market’ of the internet. So be sure not to order a crazy “get traffic now” scheme.
68. Have an admin type out transcripts from your video. Do you find it easy to shoot a 3-5 minute video? Great! Shoot it and have an admin transcribe the video. That will give you tons of great text to post on your website.
69. Use peoples strengths – Does your wife use Pinterest all the time? Does your admin always sit on Facebook? Empower them and give them ways they can help the business grow through short tasks.
70. Keep learning – Even if you hire others to do your posting. Bookmark Easy Agent Pro and stop back to learn a new trick every week.
Do you want a website that converts like nuts and will let you take action on all these ideas? Click here to get the premium Easy Agent Pro website. It’s super useful and will help you grow the number of incoming leads you get.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. These ideas will help you get higher in Google, get more traffic, and thus get more leads.
71. Two words are all you need to know about SEO: GET LINKS. Seriously, as often as you ask for business be asking around for links.
72. Pick up the phone and call local associations/business that you work closely with. Ask them to link to your website. Links are the easiest way to rank quickly.
73. Be popular online – Google basically loves sites that are new and have people linking to them. Find a way to become more popular everyday.
74. Link to your neighborhood pages and make the text of the link “XYZ homes for sale” This will help Google recognize what that page is about.
75. Always include 5 links on every blog you write. You want your website to look like a spider web to Google with tons of useful links on every page.
76. Use Google Maps – embedding a Google map on your “About Us” page or neighborhood pages is a great indicator to Google.
77. Use Youtube – embedding a Youtube video on each page is great. Not only do visitors like it, but Google owns Youtube. Thus, they like it too.
78. Use Yoast SEO – This is a free wordpress plugin that really helps you get better SEO rankings. Simply follow the instructions the plugin gives you and you’ll see results
79. Update older pages – Do you have a new mission statement, agent, or announcement? Update all the pages on your site frequently and you’ll see great results from Google.
80. Hire an SEO Agency to improve the SEO on your website
Do you want a website that is setup to be an SEO dream? Click here to get the lead converting machine designed by me.
Do you have a website that’s getting leads? Perfect. Time to drive it home with paid ads.
81. Facebook ads for listings. You can create Facebook ads that mimic Trulia’s tested system. Click here to learn more
82. Facebook ads for buyers. You can also run Facebook ads for people that are about to buy. I suggest using Leadpages to create your landing page.
83. Bing ads for listing. Bing ads are super duper mega cheap. They cost less than Facebook and Google. I suggest setting them up and running them 24/7/365.
84. Look for local websites with ad slots. You can often find blogs about your local area selling ads for cheap. I know a few in Kansas City that literally cost $1 per month.
85. Sponsor school activities with their own sites. Activities are listing their calendars online now. Call and get an ad placed on their calendar page. It’ll help your seo and get you in front of potential clients.
86. Donate to Non-profits and get a link back to your website
87. Setup and affiliate plugin on your website and pay other businesses for traffic that they send you that ultimately signs up as a lead.
88. Pay a company to post to Craiglist for you. This can cost as little as $1 a day.
89. Run ads from the local newspaper but only pay for the online display ads
90. Try LinkedIn ads. They are getting more effective and have a great demographic you can reach out too
Want a website that you feel comfortable running ads too? Click here to get the ad friendly website made by Easy Agent Pro. It costs way less than you think.
Think that free site your brokerage gave you is cutting it? Think again…
91. If you buy it, you own it. This means the leads you generate are your own and can’t be taken away from you.
92. You can move from your company to a different one more seamlessly.
93. You have greater control over customization.
94. You will have a higher converting website. Free brokerage websites are terrible.
95. You own your own domain name. This helps with personal branding.
96. You can add popups, slide ins, and other lead capture items.
97. It’s easier to distinguish yourself from other agents.
98. You have better brand recognition
99. You’ll rank higher in search engines because your website won’t be a copycat site
100. The site will represent your business in a more positive light.
101. Finally, remember that people don’t just give us their information. You have to ask for it. Likewise, they don’t just do business with us. You have to ask them for it. Setup a drip sequence and use the 33 touch method to stay in touch with these individuals consistently.
Wow! That was quite a list of ways to get more leads off your real estate website. Let me know if I missed any in the comments below. I’d also love to hear how you’re doing at implementing these ideas into your own site. We love to feature comments and questions in future posts. Ask me anything below and feel free to share your comments!
Be sure to check out our custom real estate websites by clicking here.
Are your real estate marketing ideas evading you at the moment? Here is a list of 200 real estate marketing ideas to get you more leads this month.
Is your pipeline as dry as the Sahara Desert? Try these 53 HUGE lead generating ideas for real estate agents. PS: There is 1 lead gen idea that is so secret it will make your head explode.
Just starting Real Estate Branding? Most realtors fail consider... when working on their brand. Meanwhile, the top real estate agents always...
Let’s boost your lead gen.