38 Dirt-Cheap Home Staging Ideas & Tips For Realtors To Sell Your Home For More
These dirt cheap home staging ideas will help tip buyers in your favor. The stats prove it out. These cheap tips will help you get more for your sellers and
I’m sure you’re thinking, “Can home staging ideas impact the value of the property I’ve listed?”
The truth is:
Research has shown the average sale price of a property can be increased by 1-5% simply because home staging tips were implemented before the house hit the market.
Today, I’m going to break down 38 dirt-cheap tactics to increase the value of your sales, sell the property faster, and have the best looking listings around. Implemented with a well made LeadSite, these techniques can really increase your conversion rates
When it comes to selling your listing for more, it’s all about staging the home properly.
32% of buyers’ agents believe staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by one percent to five percent. – Realtor
There are many different approaches to staging. Realtors disagree on how many homes require staging.
Today, I’m going to focus on tips that you can integrate with your listing at a very low cost.
The average home staging costs around $675. If you can get a 1% increase in the purchase price, that means a $200,000 house will sell for $2,000 extra dollars.
Here’s the thing:
That’s a profit of $1,325
The profitability of staging only increases as the value of the property rises.
So, here are several home staging ideas that you can implement for those tough to sell, eyesores that you’re looking to sell quickly!
These are just a few of the personal items you should consider packing away during the selling process. People want to be able to easily imagine the home as their own. The seller’s personal items are best taken down to make this possible. Some ideas:
1) Pack up family photos
2) Consider putting away memorabilia
3) Turn heavily-themed rooms into more neutral spaces
4) Hide personal keepsakes
Buyers are usually looking for tons of storage space. If you leave closets half full, you’ll give the impression of there being more storage space throughout the property.
6) Make the foyer welcoming and open
7) Hide the utility items like keyholders, and coat racks
8) Spend a little on adding a small bench or a vase of flowers
9) Consider repainting walls close to the entryway
10) Are your buyers looking to move into the school district? Have a flyer available describing all the information regarding the local school.
11) Walk Score: You can make a list all the restaurants, attractions, and coffee shops within walking distance to the property.
12) Decorate for the potential buyer: Do they like modern or kid-friendly properties?
13) Upgrade the kitchen first: Buyers are looking for kitchens that are large and spacious. “The benefits of remodeling your kitchen are endless, and the best part of it is that you’ll probably get 85% of your money back.” source
14) Hire a professional cleaning staff to go through the entire property before the first showing.
15) Try to pack up each room by 30%. This will create a bigger feeling to every room in the house.
16) Consider rearranging the furniture to promote a better flow throughout the house
17) If you need, consider renting a storage locker to promote extra room in the house and to hide unwanted furniture.
18) Use neutral colors on the walls, but bring color to your property with furniture and decorations. You don’t want the property to be too loud or too weak.
19) Be sure to clean the carpets and replace any pieces that are permanently damaged.
20) If you are considering replacing the carpets, opt for a very thick pad and buy a moderately priced carpet. The pad will make the carpet feel much more luxurious.
21) Consider refinishing the wood flooring.
21) Remove all non-daily linens, sheets, and accessories from closets. You can rent storage facilities very cheaply and will have to move the items regardless. By moving them ahead of time, you increase the appearance of storage space and increase the value of your property.
22) Remove all seasonal clothes from the closets for the same reason.
23) Ensure all window treatments (Blinds, shades, and coverings) are fashionable and work properly. These are frugal fixes that can increase the value of the home.
24) Brighter bulbs give a better appearance! I’m all for using energy efficient bulbs. But this is not the time for that. You want to fill the house with at least 100 watt bulbs to make it look brighter and bigger.
25) Replace all broken bulbs.
26) Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
27) Remove items from the kitchen counters such as coffee makers, toasters, microwaves, etc. These items take up space and crowd the view.
28) Make sure features like the eat-in kitchen have chairs in place to show off all the potential of the new home.
29) Condense your dining room table as small as possible. This will make the room look bigger and more spacious.
30) Set the dinner table and other tables/bars in the house. This helps buyers easily imagine living at the property.
31) Consider painting cabinets if they show wear and tear.
32) Kitchen cabinets will be opened and examined. Be sure to organize them and make it as appealing as possible.
33) You’ll want to watch what you cook! Showings can happen at any time. Be sure to have your sellers keep the fish and strong spices at a minimum. They can be a turn off! Work towards achieving a “clean” smell.
34) Pet odors are hard to hide. Try using baking soda and other pet cleaning devices to remove any odd smells from furniture and carpeting.
35) Get rid of kitchen odors by pouring hot salt water down the drain twice a week. Also, grind some lemon rind into the disposal.
36) A new shower curtain is always a great, small investment especially if the old one is smelly.
37) Fresh flowers, pretty soaps, candles and other odor devices are also a great investment.
38) Finally, tackle the garage and garbage smells! You don’t want these to turn off potential buyers.
Did I miss a home staging idea that works magic for you? If so, let me know in the comment section below. I can’t wait to see what you think works best in your market.
Be sure to share this article with other Realtors if you’ve found it useful! And don’t overlook adding staging to your real estate business plan.
Want the top apps that help you sell faster? Check out these epic apps for real estate agents. Download them today to sell more!
Want to know the top 3 facts about Realtors vs FSBO? Click here so see an AMAZING infographic on the topic. You can even share it with your network!
Just starting Real Estate Branding? Most realtors fail consider... when working on their brand. Meanwhile, the top real estate agents always...
Let’s boost your lead gen.