Get More Real Estate Leads Every Month Here
Starting out is tough. It’s really freaking tough. In almost any real estate market, there are established players. Sure you can start blogging, do Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram to get leads. But how do you close those leads without testimonials?
Today, I’m going to show you how to build your business faster by copying a method used by the great artist Frank Sinatra:
Click here to download our FREE 200 Real Estate Marketing Ideas in PDF Form
Use Character Testimonials
This was a big one for me to learn…but you are never starting from ground zero. You have relationships from the past. These people can give testimonials to your character and work ethic. When starting, this is a lot better than having nothing. A few of these added into your listing presentation can really help you get more contracts.
Ask those people for testimonials from every job, volunteer event, or group you’ve ever been apart of. I recommend not just having these people email you a review, but also asking them to post it on websites like Google Places and Yelp.
These two places get high visibility in local search results so it will help your reach.
The Frank Sinatra Approach
Sometimes, testimonials about your character aren’t good enough to seal the deal. So, here’s a cool method you can use to build trust:
How did Frank Sinatra make it so big?
…Through associating himself with the right people! This is very important when you are starting out.
You want to associate yourself with the successful Realtors in your area, state, and across the country.
If a client is hard to close because they don’t trust your expertise, bring in an agent that is an expert in the market to help you close the contract. Sure, that means giving up some of the money. But it’s a great way to build your credibility at first.
There are a lot of things to learn in real estate. And working this those that have already made it is a great way to learn even faster.
Look at that Duet albums Frank Sinatra made:
- “The Lady Is a Tramp” (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) (with Luther Vandross) – 3:24
- “What Now My Love” (Gilbert Bécaud, Carl Sigman, Pierre Delanoë) (with Aretha Franklin) – 3:15
- “I’ve Got a Crush on You” (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) (with Barbra Streisand) – 3:23
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Hans Bradtke, Johnny Mercer) (with Julio Iglesias) – 2:32
- “Come Rain or Come Shine” (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) (with Gloria Estefan) – 4:04
- “New York, New York” (Fred Ebb, John Kander) (with Tony Bennett) – 3:30
- “They Can’t Take That Away From Me” (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) (with Natalie Cole) – 3:11
- “You Make Me Feel So Young” (Mack Gordon, Josef Myrow) (with Charles Aznavour) – 3:05
- “Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out to Dry”/”In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning” (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne)/(Bob Hilliard, David Mann) (with Carly Simon) – 3:57
- “I’ve Got the World on a String” (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) (with Liza Minnelli) – 2:18
- “Witchcraft” (Carolyn Leigh, Cy Coleman) (with Anita Baker) – 3:22
- “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” (Cole Porter) (with Bono) – 3:32
- “All the Way”/”One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)” (Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen)/(Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) (with Kenny G) – 6:03
Do you recognize any names on there?
Of course you do! They are huge names.
The secret to getting big in any market is simple. Work with those who are also big.
Here are two alternatives that should help you when starting out:
Alternative 1: Avis:
Have you ever been competing with a bigger agent or brokerage in town? You can lift a page out of Avis’ book!
Remember “We Try Harder” campaign?
When you’re just starting out, this phrase can really help. You can point to the fact that “You’ll try harder to get the house sold because this is your first listing.”
Alternative 2: Blogging
If you’re thinking of setting up a real estate blog, here’s a quick way to do it! With Bluehost, you can setup your blog in under 5 minutes.
Examples of Credibility Through Blogging:
Frank Sinatra didn’t just tell people he was great. He published records. People knew he was great because there was proof. These Realtors did that too in the form of blogs. Check out these titles:
- HOW TO AVOID SELLER’S REMORSE WHEN SELLING YOUR HOME by Debbie Drummond
- How Much House Can I Afford to Buy? by Karen Highland
- 50 Home Buying Tips from the Top Real Estate Experts in the World by Shanne Sleder
- The Many Risks of Pricing Your Home Too High by Bill Gassett
What’s the point of all of these posts?
To build credibility. You will get more leads and close more leads through blogging.
What are your challenges when starting out?
Be sure to comment below with what you’ve learned or the challenges you’re still facing!
Read More On The Blog
- Funnel Drying Up? Here’s How To Land 20+ Real Estate Leads This Week
- Easy Agent Pro Crashes Inman Connect 2017 (Question and Answers)
- Beat Zillow Questions, Facebook Ad leads, and Marketing Funnel Rants!
- Take Action on These 4 Important Things to Succeed in Real Estate in Tips With Ty
Let's chat - Ask me any questions you want in the comments below!...
Latest posts by Tyler Zey (see all)
- 20 Expert Real Estate Video Marketing Ideas, Tactics, And Statistics That Will Help You Conquer The Web - December 13, 2016
- 6 Killer Real Estate Video Ideas And Marketing Strategies With Examples - December 13, 2016
- Some Reflections On Marketing Vs Lead Generation (And How We Touched 1 Million PLUS Agents) - August 19, 2016